See Job Description below
Interested Candidates can apply by
downloading and filling out the
Next Step Application
and emailing, mailing or dropping it off with a Resume in person at:
140 Greenville Avenue
Clarion, PA 16214
Position is 16 to 20 hours per week.
Reports to Medical Director for medical matters and Executive Director for all other matters.
Oversees the provision of patient care and medical services operations and performs patient care as needed, in the Medical Director’s absence. Supervises all paid and volunteer medical professionals on staff. Ensures that all medical professionals on staff are complying with stated Next Step policy and procedure. Works collaboratively with the non-medical Client Services staff to effectively and accurately educate and support medical clients.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
1. Provide and oversee the provision of client/patient care and medical services for all client services.
2. Supervise volunteer staff who assist in providing medical services (with the exception of the medical director).
3. Be trained in and provide limited fetal sonography according to the policies of Next Step.
4. Administer pregnancy (urine screening) tests.
5. Evaluate and complete client documentation; ensure medical records are accurate and complete.
6. Train non-medical Client Services staff in appropriate areas as needed.
7. Train new nurses / medical professionals as needed.
8. Ensure medical equipment is properly operated, cleaned and maintained.
9. Continually learn and refresh knowledge about best practices in the industry
10. Assist and advise the Executive Director in policy formation
11. With other medical staff, ensure that medical literature and medical referral lists are accurate
and appropriate for Next Step client needs.
12. Train, nurture, encourage, and support volunteer staff
13. Other tasks as requested by the Executive Director and/or Medical Director.
1. Strong, mature commitment to Christ and to the sanctity of human life; sense of God’s calling to serve at Next Step.
2. Commitment to the mission of Next Step, agreement with Bylaws, Commitment of Care and Competence, Statement of Faith.
3. Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual integrity.
4. Possess a current nursing license and functioning in accordance with the licensing board of Pennsylvania; also possess current CPR certification.
5. Experience with developing and implementing policy and procedures is preferred.
6. Ability to work well with clients from all backgrounds and all walks of life.
7. Ability to manage details and follow-through with little supervision.
8. Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of successfully working within a team.
9. Basic computer skills; ability to learn to use basic Next Step systems.
10. Volunteer experience serving clients at Next Step or in a similar environment will be given preference due to the specific nature of the work.