AT NEXT STEP
We are always looking for good volunteers!
Do you have a heart for ministry?
A heart for volunteerism?
Do you have a great skill set that we need?
Or that we don't even know we need yet?
Are you interested in helping out in the area schools?
Do you like to talk to students?
Would you be interested in helping clients?
Or running a parenting program?
What about maintenance upkeep?
Do you like to mow the grass?
Are you good with your hands?
Do you know about IT and Tech stuff?
Would you like to be a blessing to the ministry?
Current Need for Volunteers:
Do you want to volunteer in a different way than what is listed? Fill out the volunteer application form even if a position you may be interested in is not listed in the "Current Need" section.
Find the Volunteer Application Below!
Client Advocate Volunteer Description
Objective of the Position: The Client Advocate will work one on one with the client to
collect information for proper assessment of the client’s situation and help them with specific
needs pertaining to their case. Client advocates will be trained prior to serving clients and
must fully understand their scope of service. Client advocates must support fulfilling the
mission of Next Step Pregnancy Solutions & Services: Exists to minister the grace of Jesus Christ by upholding the sanctity of all human life. This position is a part-time, volunteer position. Reports To: Client Services Director and Nurse Manager as needed.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
1. Performs reception duties, check-in and data entry inEkyros for clients.
2. Performs client advocacy per guidelines.
3. Instructs client about self-administered pregnancy test (when medical personnel is
absent) and acts as a chaperone for ultrasounds.
4. Provide appropriate referrals and resources to clients.
5. Performs adequate and timely follow-up with clients.
6. Provides support to fundraisers, speaking opportunities on behalf of ministry updates
7. Continuing education on issues relating to abortion, adoption, and parenting.
8. Comply with all office policies.
9. Perform any additional duties requested by supervisor.
1. Strong, mature commitment to Christ and to the sanctity of human life; a sense of God’s
calling to serve at Next Step.
2. Commitment to the mission of Next Step, agreement with Bylaws, Commitment of Care
and Competence, Statement of Faith.
3. Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual integrity.
4. Strong interpersonal skills and evidence of successfully working within a team.
5. Basic computer skills; ability to learn and use basic Next Step systems.
6. Ability to work well with clients from all backgrounds and all walks of life.
7. Excellent listener, compassionate and reliable.
8. Have one year of experience as a volunteer in some ministry capacity or in a similar
environment such as Next Step will be given preference due to the specific nature of the